- Amazon Echo connects to Alexa-a cloud-based voice service-to play music, make calls, set alarms and timers, ask questions, check your calendar, weather, traffic and sports scores, manage to-do and shopping lists, control compatible smart home devices, and more.
- Just ask for a song, artist or genre from Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more. With multi-room music, you can play music on Echo devices in different rooms, available for Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify; Bluetooth not supported. Echo can also play audiobooks, radio stations, news briefings and more.
- Call or message anyone hands-free who also has an Echo device or the Alexa App. Also, quickly connect to other Echo devices in your home using just your voice.
- New speaker with Dolby processing that fills the room with immersive, 360° omnidirectional audio, and delivers crisp vocals, deep bass, and clear highs at louder volumes.
- With seven microphones, beam-forming technology and noise cancellation, Echo hears you from any direction-even while music is playing.
- Just ask Alexa to control your compatible smart lights, switches, TVs, thermostats and more
- Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features and skills. Just ask Alexa to request an Uber, order a pizza, get train times, and more.
The 2nd generation Amazon Echo has a 2.5” downward-firing woofer and 0.6” tweeter powered by Dolby, delivering crisp vocals and dynamic bass throughout the room. You can play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, TuneIn and more. With Amazon Music, you can search by lyrics, time period or let Alexa pick the music for you.
Want to play music on an Echo in another room? Now with multi-room music, you can tell Alexa to play across your Echo devices—available for Amazon Music, TuneIn and Spotify; Bluetooth not supported. Tell Alexa to play jazz in the kitchen, top pop in the living room, or play the same song downstairs.
Use Amazon Echo to switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn up the thermostat while reading in your favourite chair or dim the lights from the couch to watch a film—all without lifting a finger.
Echo works with lights, locks, switches, TVs, thermostats and more from Philips Hue, WeMo, TP-Link, Sony, Hive, Nest, Samsung SmartThings, Netatmo, Tado° and more. about compatible smart home devices.
With Amazon Echo, you can easily talk hands-free to anyone who has a supported Echo device or the Alexa App—no tapping or searching required. Additionally, you can send messages via voice or text to anyone with an Echo device or the Alexa App. Alexa calling and messaging is available at no additional cost—to get started download the latest version of the Alexa App on a smart phone with iOS 9.0 or higher, or Android 5.0 or higher, and verify your mobile number. Learn more
With the Drop In feature enabled for room-to-room calling, quickly connect with Echo devices in your home. Let your household know when dinner is ready, ask someone for help with a chore or remind the kids to go to sleep—without having to raise your voice.
Tucked under the light ring is an array of seven microphones that use beam-forming technology and enhanced noise cancellation. The 2nd-generation Amazon Echo has improved wake-word performance to hear you ask a question from any direction—even in noisy environments or while playing music at loud volumes.
When you want to use Echo, simply say the wake word, “Alexa”, and Echo lights up and connects to the cloud, where the Alexa Voice Service recognises and responds to your request.
Amazon Echo has thousands of skills and counting. Skills add even more capabilities such as ordering a pizza from Domino’s, requesting a ride from Uber, tracking your fitness with Fitbit, getting recipe suggestions from Recipedia, and more. To enable new skills, just ask Alexa.
New skills are being added all the time. You can also see ratings and reviews to learn what other customers are saying about the thousands of skills available in the Alexa App.
Echo is even better with Prime. Order millions of products using only your voice – all voice orders include fast, free shipping, and Alexa can even track your delivery for you.
Prime members can also use their Echo to stream over 2 million songs with Prime Music.
Alexa—the brain behind Amazon Echo—updates through the cloud automatically and is continually learning, adding new functionality and skills. The more you use Echo, the more it adapts to your speech patterns, vocabulary and personal preferences.
We’ve recently added Alexa calling and messaging, multi-room music and reminders, along with skills from third-party developers.